Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Incentive


Well, I tried writing a blog earlier and it didn't work so that doesn't give me much reason to think this one will work either. I have a question. Is 54 music videos too many for a VH1 favorites list? If you go to their website and click on a video it is automatically added to a favorites list. I was bored so I went through all my favorite artists and just kept adding their videos. What does that say about me? Am I obsessed with music? Probably . . . this isn't what I wanted to talk about though. I've been reading some pretty heavy stuff lately. I've been carrying the weight of the words from the books with me. Deep, imperative thoughts have been coerced from the recesses of my mind. This is what I live for. School hands you books that you eat, digest, and forget. It's when you read something of your own will or by accident that it ever means anything. It's been a while since I read freely for my own enjoyent and well being. I thought I could get by with Sudoku games, but I kept thinking about something more meaningful to take up my extra time. I don't know, reading for myself somehow manages to awaken me and I start to feel alive. My thoughts begin to take on a new, reflective form. Suddenly eating food, listening to music, being myself, . . . it all takes on more meaning.
I'm still listening to my top 54 favorite list on VH1, even as I write this. "It's a beautiful day, I heard everybody say, sun shines down on all of us, just the same, you know I like the rain, that ain't so obvious, it's a beautiful sight, I guess everybody's right, this day belongs to all of us, even still I like mine with a chill, that ain't so obvious, . . . we are the normal, we live and we die for no reason why, we are the normal, we live and we die with no reason why . . ." God bless the Goo Goo Dolls. Well, if you want to know what I've been reading you can ask me . . . but I suggest you go out and find something that you can enjoy without worrying about what others think. The same goes for your music. Find something that your ears or your mind will thank you for later.

~Jessica

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home