Wednesday, October 04, 2006

My 10 Minute Blog


As my title can tell you, I only have ten minutes to write this. A lot can happen in ten minutes though . . . . . . . . . . . . .(5 minutes later) O.K. so not much has happened. I went to the Egyptian Museum the other day. Wow that was fun. I saw Egyptian artwork. Twas awesome. How many people can say they've been to an Egyptian art museum? Not many that I know . . . then again I don' know that many people. I chose not to live on campus and I'm glad but the people at the school think I must have a hard time joining groups and meeting new people. If I really wanted to meet new people and join a thousand groups I'd be in one. I have met some new people. They're pretty cool. as for the group thing, I think we're already catergorized enough in life: ethnicity, sex, single or married, tall or short, fat or thin, smart or dumb, talkative or shy. I don't know if willingly placing ourselves into groups based on our interests is that much better. Say I go there and I join a movie group (which would sort of be awesome). I say to someone new, hey I like this movie and that movie, do you? They say yes, and if they say no I try to convince them that the movie really is good and they should watch it. Then the conversation is over. New subjects come up like, where are you from, do you have any siblings, what's your favorite candy? Suddenly it's not a movie group anymore. It's an all you can eat buffet of random information. it may not seem like such a bad thing, but doesn't it defefat the purpose of going to a group that's based solely on one subject? It's like an English teacher getting off subject and talking about science, math, or politics. It's entertaining and interesting, but it's not really why we're there. I don't know. I've had my five minute ramble. I thought of a new phrase today : a trip of guilt. It's like a guilt trip, only not. O.K. I'm done.


~Jessica

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home