Thursday, September 28, 2006

College Life

Well it's been about a week so I thought I'd post another blog. I'm in college now. I feel so old. I've only been in school a week and it feels like I've been here for months. They sure do like to pile work on yah. Each class wants me to read X amount of pages by tomorrow and study for the test and write an essay. I wish I only had to take one or two classes a quarter. Then I could take the time to seriously focus on each subject. I'm taking French1, English1, Art History, and Compartive Politics. Each class is interesting and I want to get as much out of them as I can, but it's hard to devote all your time and effort into four separate classes, especially when they demand so much of you. I'm use to having fun and laying back to enjoy life, but I don't have much time for that anymore. College isn't exactly what I expected. It's a lot different from high school. For one thing, the students actually pay attention. But because the students are so focused, it seems like there is a lot more tension in the class. It's quieter and not as open or layed-back as some high school classes. I kind of miss that. There were times when I was in high school English class (and each year I took English it was pretty much the same situation) that I would be upset that people talked over the teacher. But then for most of the time I could mostly sit in the back and relax, listening to what the teacher said and kind of get lost in my thoughts. With college, if you space out for 5 seconds you probably miss a major point. I still manage to space out though. My thoughts flow like a river, as I said in my last blog. I need my dream world to escape from the sometimes gray, bland world of reality. After a while you start to hear the same themes over and over. There are some new concepts that English and Comparitive Politics have introduced me to, and I'm really happy I'm in those classes to hear them. Sometimes their concepts are even reflected in both subjects. I should be studying for a French test I have tommorrow. Je suis flemme. Yo quiero dormir. Donde esta mi musica? Ou est le temps? Necesito ir. Au revoir.

~Jessica

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home