Tuesday, September 05, 2006

My Blog Titles Are Misleading . . .

I saw a commercial the other day. (Not that I don't see one everyday) A 50 year old woman said that she wished that life would hold still for her, though she knew it wouldn't. Then she said that since time passed quickly, she was glad she had already made plans for her funeral so that she wouldn't be a financial burden on her family. The whole time she discussed this she was smiling and acted like she didn't have a care in the world. Then a man came on and started saying that funeral costs are an average $6,000. He suggested making investments and planning ahead for your funeral. Commmercials like these upset me. They take a subject as trivial as death and try to exploit it and earn money from it. I don't think someone who has spent her whole life taking care of her children, should have to worry about taking care of her own funeral. Who plans for their own funeral anyway? Maybe when you're 60 you might make a will and start considering what will happen to you after you die, but you don't spend all of your time thinking about paying bills for your coffin. When I'm that age, I want to reflect on my life, appreciate what I have, and not worry about the future. At that point I will have spent my whole life worrying and stressing about my future. When you are at that age you are supposed to relax, stand back, and see what you've accomplished with your time on earth.



~Pirate J

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home