Thursday, August 17, 2006

My Morning

Well, today started off a little differently. I woke up at 6:00 a.m. this morning. I got dressed and ready to go in about 30 minutes. I was supposed to be ready by 7:00. So, then I spent about 30 minutes waiting for my dad to get ready to go. I decided, since Ihad 30 minutes to spare, that I'd watch the sunrise this morning. It was pretty amazing. At first the sky changed to a lighter hughe. Then suddenly the first rays of light were cast over a small part of the city. The light spread slowly, gradually lighting the sky. My house ramained untouched by the sun. There were several trees in the way blocking its rays. By the time the sun reached my house, it was 7:05. Time to go. I then hopped in my car and took off. I've seen many sunrises, but I've never actually stopped to sit and enjoy them. At my mom's house, where I'm use to seeing the sunrise more often, I was always too busy trying to get ready for school to see the entire sunrise. I would acknowledge it at different points throughout the morning. When I woke up, I looked out my window. The sky was just starting to turn pink. I went downstairs to eat breakfast and the first rays of sun were beaming in. I went back upstairs to get dressed. I took another quick look out my window to see a very bright red sun. Then, when I was finally ready to drive off, I did not see the sun until I turned the corner down the street. Then it came blindingly into view, glaring up my car windows. At mom's house, I had a love/hate realtionship with the sun. I think I still do a little. It's not as red anymore though, and when I see a sunrise here I don't have to worry about being blinded by the rays.

~ Jessica

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home