Monday, September 04, 2006

Night Walker


Tonight we celebrated my step-brother Trevor's birthday. He's 22. My step-sister Sarah drove me from my mom's house to my dads, so we got to hangout for a little bit. When it was time for Sarah to go, I walked her out to her car because 1. she forgot where she parked it and 2. I wanted to give her a proper farewell. After i hugged her goodbye, I had to make my way back to the restaurant where we were celebrating Trev's birthday. at this time it was 8:00 at night. It was starting to get cold, the sky was clear and dark, and the moon was as bright as ever. I began to realise as I walked, that I was all alone. It is strange, but I have never really walked alone. My parents have always been there to make sure I was always with a friend or some other adult so I would never have to walk anywhere by myself. So, as I was walking alone I thuoght to myself: this isn't that bad. Walking alone comes with a sense of peace and individual freedom. I was still on edge though. Maybe it was the coldness of the weather, the fact that there was little light, or that constant paranoia in the back of your head that someone is hiding in the shadows, but I felt very instinctive and almost animalistic. I was on edge and very alert of the things around me. I walked faster and was prepared to run at any moment. Of course, I had nothing really to fear. i was in a pretty nice area and had no reason to be worried or nervous about walking alone down the street. I was still relieved though when i made it back to the "safety" of the restaurant. (Picture: left = me, and right = Sarah)


~ Pirate J

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home