Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Wednesday at Toastmasters

We had a guest peaker today who talked about how to pronounce English clearly when you're not a native English speaker. It was interesting to see the ways we speak without really pausing to think about exactly how we are saying things. It's probably because we focus more on what we are saying. I'm glad English is my native language because with the idioms and the slang and the tenses it is the hardest language to learn. I mean, think about it. We have to take at least 14 years of English classes and there are still words we don't know.

The table topic of the day was traveling. At first I thought, I've only traveled 3 times in my life: Mexico, Scotland, and a cruise through the Baltic. Then I remembered my trips to Oregon, southern California, Arkansas, and Missouri. I have traveled a decent amount. I didn't get up to talk about any of it though. Still too nervous. Speaking off the top of my head just doesn't come easy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home