Sunday, October 03, 2010

Sunday! Sunday! Sunday! (Pop Tarts)

So guess what day it is? Oh shoot I need to check Postsecrets after this. Anyways, just found out there's no table topics topic to prepare for next week. It's an open forum. How can I prepare for table topics if I don;t know what the topic is til I'm at the club meeting. Shoots! and Ladders.

Today I would like to tell you a tale. It's a possible true story about how pop tarts came to be.

The pop tart was first invented in the late 1800s, as was everything else. One day a man was preparing breakfast when he found himself in the middle of a controversial struggle. Did he want toast or did he want a donut? Torn he began pacing around the room. A last he came to a decision.

After the toast popped out of the toaster, or watever early toast-making apparatus they had back then, the man was still not satisfied. Then he noticed some glaze set aside for the donut he could have mde and thought: What if I put the glaze on my toast? Thusly he proceeded to do so. At last he looked and said, "It's like toast, but also like a pastry. Toast. Pastery . . . Toasters Pastry!!!"

Several half centuries later the Pop Tart corporation took the concept of the Toaster's Pastry and perfected it. And that is how pop tarts possibly came into creation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home