Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Toastmasters Wednesday

Best speech today (for me) was Alex's. He spoke about baseball, a subject I'm not that thrilled about or familiar with, which shows just how great his speech was. The purpose of his speech was body movement. He showed different stances baseball players have used to take advantage of hitting the ball. It's was funny and informative. I especially liked the fact that he used a light-saber as a prop for a baseball bat.

Next week I have to give a speech on organization. I'm thinking of using clay as my subject and coming in wearing the cover my dad gave me to wear so I wouldn't get clay on my clothes. I might also bring in some tools to talk about. We shall see . . .

Yesterday I went to the store to get some ingredients to make beef stroganoff. Turns out it uses sour cream, which is weird, but works. When I was at the check out stand the cashier was encouraging the woman in front of me to donate some money to breast cancer. After she made a donation he announced it on the overhead speakers. I can't describe him, other than he was really bright, down to earth, and driven to raising money for the cause. I felt inspired and donated 2 dollars for the cause. He looked at me afterwords and sincerely said "Thank you, it really means a lot." Afterwords I felt bad that I didn't donate more. I wish more people like that existed. Just someone to tap you on the shoulder everyone once in a while and ask you to give a little to improve life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home