Sunday, October 31, 2010

Talk About Talking

So I'm back in therapy as of last Friday. Lots to discuss and feeling good about being open about all of it. I'm ready to get this life going and taking it where it needs to be.

The therapist suggested that from now on, 3 times a week, I should start small -random conversations with strangers I meet while running errands.

Yesterday (Saturday) I went to the pharmacy to get my perscription for Zoloft filled. It's suppose to help me with my social anxiety. Anyways, the only conversation I had was with one of the women at the pharmacy who told me a few facts t know about the medication since it was the first time I would be taking it. I also smiled at an elderly woman who was waiting I line in front of me.

I think the biggest chage I noticed was how conscious I was to the people around me and what was going on. Normally I space out and don't pay attention but I managed to stay focused and alert. i noticed the people around me, the conversations they were having, and also the objects and surroundings themselves.

Then I went to Popeyes to get some food and Karla, the woman at the cash register, took my order. We didn't converse, but i remembered her name and when I was handed my bag of food I looked her in the eye and said thank you fully acknowledging her and what she had done for me. I was also aware of the other people who were around in the restaurant enjoying their food.

All in all good for attempts 2 of 3 or 4.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home